Wednesday 12 March 2014

Trend to try | Wood and marble in the kitchen

I'm desperate to renovate my kitchen. Although our space is really good (in fact it's huge and way bigger than we need) and the previous owners had only just renovated before we bought, they used a huge slab of coloured granite that is just not to my taste. My husband is going to take a fair amount of convincing to spend money on redoing this space, so I'm busy researching ways of making smaller changes that might not cost as much as a full kitchen reno. Today I'm bringing some ideas based on a look I absolutely love, which is the mix of marble and wood. Given it might be a while until I have money to spend on kitchen renovations, I've also put together my wishlist of kitchen styling ideas inspired by the wood/marble theme.

1

I just love marble benchtops in modern white kitchens. The benchtops can be quite expensive, but they really make a huge statement and you can then keep cabinets and other parts quite simle (and save money there instead).
 
2

I love this rubber flooring in the kitchen below. A very inexpensive flooring option, but looks fantastic and really inkeeping with the industrial look and feel of this kitchen.
 
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

Black accents really stand out in this otherwise white kitchen. The black Eames chairs look really great along with the black tap. Similar taps can be found at Astra Walker.
 

Here is my marble/wood wishlist with details of where you can buy each item.


Clockwise from top right: 
Menu Contour Kids Dining setting from Story North
Tom Dixon Marble mortar and pestle available from Third Drawer Down

Have a lovely day!
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...