Tuesday 1 April 2014

IKEA Gallo shelving | Design on a budget

I've been lusting after the Scandinavian design classic, "the string" (shelving system), for ages now. So you can imagine how happy I've been to fairly recently discover the IKEA equivalent - the Ekby Gallo. If you squint they look almost exactly the same!!  I'm seriously considering putting a couple of these sets together as desk spaces in the kids rooms, so have been looking around for some inspiration - and thought I would share.

First, here are a few pictures of the String, so you can see what we are comparing to.

1
2

And the rest are the IKEA Gallo. They really do look great, especially when they are styled with all your Scandinavian bits and pieces. 

3
4
5
6

And this is the desk type arrangement I'm considering for the kids' rooms, although I would choose white shelves probably. 

7
8
9

So what do you think - would you still spend up big on the String or are you sold on the IKEA Gallo? For me, once again IKEA comes to the rescue :)

Have a great day! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...