Wednesday 5 March 2014

Little People | String Shelving

The String shelf system is a design classic. We're mostly used to seeing it in Scandinavian inspired rooms, but in an attempt to find a solution to my kids' rooms that reclaims some floor space, gives them a little desk area for craft and homework and also a bit of display place for lego, toys and bits and pieces, I suddenly thought the string shelving system would be perfect! So off I went in search for inspiration and as it turns out I'm not the only one who has had this idea. The pictures I've put together today show just how well this system can work for kids spaces. It can be adjusted for height so that desks can grow with your child, it has lots of different sizes and depths, so it works well above bunks as storage, behind doors, and as decoration to fill an empty wall. I think it's perfect and can't wait to get started putting together a system for my boys.

1

2 & 3

6
7






So what do you think? Would you like a String storage unit in your child's room?

The string shelves are quite expensive of course, so if you love the look but not the price tag, check out my other post on IKEA gallo shelves here.

Have a great day! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...